Tuesday 17 August 2010

United cruise, Spurs tonight and Round up

Morning People,

Firstly, we are recording our second podcast this evening and it should be available to listen to from this web page tonight so listen out for a full weekend review and a loo towards next week and the mid week games.

Manchester United got off to a pleasant start last night, cruising (as is the widely;y used term) to a three nil victory at home to Newcastle. Wasn't a classic game from a neutrals point of view. Scholes and Giggs (as I predicted during the podcast) once again showed their enduring qualities at this level. Whether that lasts all season remains to be seen. Berbatov played well and seems to be settling into a United shirt (at last). The Bulgarian opened the scoring before D Fletch stabbed home and Giggs scored with a sweet volley close to the end. Strong performance. Newcastle had their moments at the beginning of the game, could have gone ahead, and looked solid for a good half hour, but the nerves and pace of United's constant attacking got to them eventually.

Was great to see Monday Night Football back on Sky Sports. Loved it.

Tottenham are off in Switzerland and they face Young Boys in the first leg of their Champions League qualifier. I hope they lose. There, I said it. I don't really buy into supporting the British teams thing. Unless it is the England football team, I am an Arsenal fan and I see no reason why I should wish any other English club well in Europe when Arsenal perform much better against European opposition. Just my opinion. Plus, I hate Spurs. That said, I cant really see them struggling against Young Boys. They should cruise United-style across two legs.

In a quick little round-up before I have to shoot (weekday blogs are likely to be short-ish unless there is big news), Gary Speed looks likely to be named Sheffield United boss - he has done that very quickly from being a player. Craig Bellamy is training with City today but will surely be heading to Spurs (maybe waiting to see if they get Champs League?) and there are a number of transfer rumours still hovering, the biggest probably that Schwarzer should be on his way to Arsenal. I am not convinced he is actually better than what we have. But oh well.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment