Monday 19 July 2010

The World Cup, City and Cesc...43 Days...

Welcome to my Direct Football blog...I'm just here to talk football...Let's begin.

WORLD CUP - I'm not going to sit and moan like most people have done about the world cup being boring because it's just too lazy, much like Wayne's eventual performance against the Algerians. It was ok, good entertainment largely during the summer months when real football is often in short supply and all we have to look forward to every day is which new small african child star your club is probably not attempting to sign.

At least we got to see France and Italy embarressed even worse than England were - although at least Italy put up a fight against Slovakia - and enjoyed seeing Germany with a load of turks, poles and the occasional sunbed stealer play some good football. Spain won. Well done I guess although I don't really care. Iniesta is so fucking pale. He's like a ghost, he lives in Barcelona for God's sake. Mystifying. His head is also a sphere. He has a great goulish moon head. More on that fucker later.

CITY - So back to the countdown to real football (only 43 days) and the transfer window has so far been dominated by Manchester City's millions of sheikh pounds. My opinion is split on this. Part of me says fair play, play the hand you're dealt. The other half says fuck them, it's not fair - and not on Chelsea, United and Arsenal - on the likes of Villa, Everton and to an extent Spurs who have had to work hard, be consistant and generate their own money to try and reach the Champions League. Now big bollocks City are coming along throwing stupid money at anybody who prompts a sort of "yeah, good player him..." or"I've watched European leagues for years and I can tell you he's top class" kind of reaction. I doubt some of their promising young players will be content with Carling Cup runouts. But it's a fact that they're assembling an impressive squad, but what can they acheive?

Well they will eventually win the league. But I reckon at the moment they lack a bit of coherence, a lot of squad gelling time and have just too many egos to go the whole distance. Also I think a more experienced Premier League manager would be perfect. I reckon this season they will grab 3rd or 4th. Probabaly win a cup. If they give Mancini time to build a consistant side and a solid tactical strategy they could be champions within 3 years - but not this time round for me (Will put my neck on the line as to who will closer to the 14th of August).

CESC - So Catalunya kings Barcelona have dedicated their summer (while real Spain wins the world cup with their players on loan) to dismantling the strong relationship between Arsenal and their captain Cesc Fabregas in a sick attempt to push the price of one of the best young players in the world down. Most of the blatant public "tapping up" (I'm reluctant to call it that) has been based on DNA, a heart with Barcelona branded on it at birth and prize cunt Gerard Pique's amazing ability to see into Fabregas' dreams. If he's so good at dream reading go fuck around with Leonardo Di Caprio in his new film, I've heard it's good. Dickhead.

Still I don't blame the club and the players for their behaviour. I'm sure the egos just keep growing at that club with the World Cup they bought back to Spain and the other point is they cannot afford his fair market value of about 55-60 million quid (based on Yaya Toure costing 24). So what they need is for lil Cesc to fold under their pressure and tell the world he must leave Arsenal now, this season, immediately and then the price drops 20 million because we cant keep a player so damaging to squad morale. But...Fabregas loves Arsenal, he loves the fans and he won't do it. I really believe that he feels he still owes Arsenal a year or two and a trophy. I think he wants to leave for Barca whenever a deal can be done but by no means do I think he feels he has to go now. We shall see. But it's simple. No 60 million, no public Cesc outburst and all their disrespectful public courting will be for nothing as they cannot afford him otherwise.

First post done. I'm fucking unemployed at the moment so I will keep the posts coming every day if I can - not that anyone is currently reading them (got to get the word out) so do come back for more and leave your comments. Will also be adressing lower leagues as time goes on as I need to learn more about this level of football so don't be put off if I'm always on about the Sky Sports TM Barclays Premier League.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I like! Now what about Joey Cole signing for Liverpool? x

    P.S. You spelt embarrassed wrong. Silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Lah - There is even a spell checker. I'm just too proud...

    Tomorrow will investigate joe cole and liverpool as a whole as well as promoted teams and anything else that comes up twixt now and then.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete